2018 Social Media Statistics You Should Know
Social media marketing is not a random whirlwind of people coming and going without a trace—remarking alone is a testament of that! Ha!
Actually, social media marketing is a highly tracked place full of analytics, statistics, behaviors and trends! Everything on the internet is tracked from optimal times of engagement, likes and reactions, click through rates, demographics to even referral traffic!
There are so many statistics to keep up on, many of which marketers are missing out on. Although social media is always evolving, social media stats can be useful in any marketing strategy!
Why Social Media Statistics Matter
For example, 2017 has been an interesting year as attention spans have decreased to 8 seconds for most social media users. Knowing the change in attention spans can help marketers tighten their videos and overall presentations.
Each day the number of social media users are increasing so why miss out on information you need to reach them? Being able to create content that reaches those numbers in 2018 will matter to your business!Helpful numbers to keep in consideration: The world population is 7.6 billion and the internet has 4.1 billion users.
General Social Media
- Close to half the world’s population (3.03 billion people) are on some type of social media.
- 64% of online shoppers say that a video on social media helped them decide on a product to buy.
- Total Number of Monthly Active Instagram Users: 800 million
- Total Number of Daily Active Instagram Users: 500 million
- Instagram Stories Daily Active Users: 300 million
- Total Number of Monthly Active Users: 2.072 billion
- Total Number of Mobile Monthly Active Users: 1.66 billion
- Total Number of Desktop Daily Active Users: 1.368 billion
- Total Number of Monthly Active Twitter Users: 330 million
- Total Number of Tweets sent per Day:500 million
- Percentage of Twitter users on Mobile: 80%
- Total Number of LinkedIn Users: 500 million
- Total Number of Monthly Active LinkedIn Users: 250 million
- Total Number of LinkedIn Users from US: 133 million